The Zolton.org Social Plugin (ZOSP) is a simple plugin for WordPress that integrates a blog with popular social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. I wrote this plugin to learn WordPress plugin development, and as a means to decouple these social networking features from my desired WordPress theme.
To download this plugin, visit the WordPress Plugin Page.
Developers may contribute to this project from the GitHub Project Page.
- Generates Facebook Open Graph tags for posts and pages.
- Includes the Facebook Like Button and Share Button on posts and pages.
- Imports the featured image / post thumbnail (if available) from a post or page for use as the featured image on Facebook.
- Generates a Facebook Comment section for posts and pages.
- Includes the Twitter Tweet Button on posts and pages.
- Includes the Google +1 Button on posts and pages.
- Includes the Pinterest Pin It Button on posts and pages.
- Optionally hides WordPress comments.
- Configurable via WordPress settings page.
- WordPress 3.x.
- A Facebook App ID.
- A Twitter account.
- WordPress theme supporting featured images / post thumbnails.
- Unzip the archive to your
- Activate the plugin via the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Edit the “Required Settings” via the “Settings / Social Plugin” menu in WordPress. At the very least, you need to specify a Facebook App ID and a Twitter username.
- Optionally edit the “Advanced Settings” via the “Settings / Social Plugin” menu in WordPress.
- That’s it!
Q. Facebook Comments display the error “Warning: http://somesite.com/somepage/ is unreachable”.
A. Try using Facebook’s URL Linter to see if the URL for the page in question generates any errors.
Q. The Pinterest Pin It button does not display despite the fact that it is configured to do so.
A. The Pinterest Pin It button requires that the post or page include a featured image. Check your post or page to ensure that a featured image is set.